Royal College of Surgeons of England
Its name (in honor of the saint of the king’s name) was successively Royal College of Surgery of St. Charles (until March 12, 1799), Royal College of Surgery and Medicine of St. Charles or Royal College of St. Charles for the Assembled Faculty (until March 20, 1801), Royal College of Medical Surgery of St. Charles (until March 1820), Colegio Nacional de Cirugía de San Carlos (until July 11, 1821), Escuela Especial de la Ciencia del Curar (until 1823, when it reverted to the name Real Colegio de Cirugía Médica de San Carlos) and Colegio Nacional de Medicina y Cirugía de San Carlos (from 1842).  From 1843 it was called Facultad de Ciencias Médicas (grouping surgery, medicine and pharmacy), and from 1845, with the separation of pharmacy to its own faculty, it was renamed Facultad de Medicina de San Carlos. The name was changed to Facultad de Medicina de San Carlos.
School of Mining
Since its creation, the Academy has maintained uninterrupted its purposes and activities. It has received 635 physicians. At present there are 354 members, including Honorary, Emeritus, Regular, Numerary, Nominal and Corresponding academicians. There are Honorary and Corresponding Academicians abroad.
The symbol of the Academy is a right hand in gold, with the palm facing to the front and, in the same, a right eye; this hand in a field of gules, border in gold and in this the legend: Mexican Academy of Surgery, in enhancement, ornamented externally this border. From bottom to top with two laurel branches in color, one right and the other left, crossed under the point and tied with a gold ribbon; also in gold and gold a Mexican eagle seen from the front.
The members that belong to the Academy, are leaders in their field, recognized for their great professional trajectory, among others the members of the Academy are to mention some: Nobel Laureates, Representatives in the World Health Organization and Pan American Health Organization, Secretaries of Health, Undersecretaries, Directors, Area Chiefs and Service Chiefs of the specialty to which they belong, etcetera.
Royal College of Surgery of Cadiz
On June 21, 1578, the first Chair of Medicine (Cátedra Prima) was approved and said chair, in the Royal and Pontifical University of Mexico, was inaugurated on January 7, 1579, being the oldest in the American continent. When the second chair (Vespers of Medicine) was opened in 1599, a parallel program was proposed, which was in its nature more attached to the Galen-Hippocratic-Renaissance tradition, that of the Cátedra Prima.
From 1646 onwards, the Royal Protomedicato was constituted as a court that exercised several functions: deciding which were the textbooks, having the power to impose punishments and examining those who wanted to practice medicine, pharmacy, obstetrics and phlebotomy; those who passed the “final judgment” were issued a license with which they had the power to attend patients in the street and could engage in paid medical practice. In short, this court watched over the good practice of the professional arts of physicians, surgeons, midwives, hernicians, oculists, algebrists, phlebotomists, pharmacists and druggists.
When the Royal School of Surgery was founded
In order for this collaboration to persist and increase in effectiveness, it is considered necessary for the corresponding Ministries to establish a homogeneous regulatory framework that will allow the subsequent implementation of functional collaboration agreements between the respective Institutions for teaching and research purposes and that, in addition to Hospitals, will have to include Primary Care Centers, which are becoming increasingly important for proper out-of-hospital clinical training.
This approach is based on the assumption that the entire healthcare structure of the health system, in terms of both material and human resources, should be used for undergraduate, postgraduate and continuing education of healthcare professionals, just as the university system should be used for their retraining.
By virtue thereof, in agreement with the Council of State and at the proposal of the Ministers of Education and Science and of Health and Consumption, after a report from the Council of Universities and the Higher Commission of Personnel, and after deliberation of the Council of Ministers at its meeting of June 28, 1986,